Curriculum: Clear and High Expectations
A school district best serves its students and parents by establishing an integrated and dynamic relationship between its curriculum, instruction, and assessment standards.
In Novi, these standards and practices are grounded in the Michigan state standards. Michigan standards have changed overtime, and the state, in recent years, has adopted new standards to ensure that all students are college and career ready.
The state offers a definition of college and career readiness in which students and graduates are expected to
- use technology and tools strategically in learning and communicating
- use argument and reasoning to do research, construct arguments, and critique the reasoning of others
- communicate and collaborate effectively with a variety of audiences
- solve problems, construct explanations and design solutions
This definition is well-aligned to our vision and mission.
Through the vision statement of the Novi Board of Education and the exit outcomes for high school students, Novi educators have embedded the needs and aspirations of its community into our standards-based aligned curriculum . The end product is an organization of programs that is continuously reviewed and aligned to best practices that provides for continuous professional learning and student continuous progress.
- Link to Michigan's Career and College Ready site hosted by MIchigan Department of Education
- Link to Michigan's College and Career Ready Portal