To succeed in the 21st century, our students must graduate as technology-literate individuals. Technology, however, is not just limited to computer use. The district's program supports an extensive video/voice system, multimedia in the classrooms, information management systems to store instructional strategies that can potentially be shared by all teachers at particular grade levels, and continued staff development.
The Educational Technology Department is committed to ensuring that NCSD students are prepared to thrive in our technology-rich 21st century world. Because technology plays such a vital role in the learning process, the Technology department works closely with our Academic Services Department and School Administrators and Teachers to plan for the integration of technology into the curriculum.
The Technology Department works to support learning with the following beliefs:
- School should be engaging, challenging, and relevant for all students
- Students need to have global access to information and materials
- Learning is a collaborative process that involves a larger learning community beyond the classroom
- Educational opportunities are not confined by the school calendar
- Access to technology must be equitable for all students
- Teachers and Administrators should model the meaningful use of technology
Novi Community School District is a Google Apps for Education District - GAFE
Our Domain or Internet name for Google is "novischools.net".
Our Staff and students have Google accounts that they use for the different Google apps that are available for each of the different grade levels.
To find out more of what Google Apps for Education offers please visit the following Google Site .