Important Notice - Bus Information will be available in the Parent Portal of MIStar after September 1.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS -
If your high school student requires bus transportation and you live outside the walk zone, please register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
List your child(ren)s name, address and grade.
The Transportation Department is responsible for transporting approximately 4500 students over 1,100 miles per day. All of our drivers must pass a criminal background check, possess a commercial driver's license (CDL), and submit to random drug testing throughout the year.
All of our drivers go thru extensive training which includes:
- 30 hours of driving training
- 10 hours of bus inspection training
- 3 hours of state testing
- 21 hours of classroom training on the following topics: beginning bus driving, student management, first aid, safety equipment, and other important bus driver information
- 16 hours of additional class time throughout the year
- 6 hours of mandatory training by the state every two years that includes a test