NOVI MIDDLE SCHOOL
Today is Friday: January 18, 2019
Twitter-Twitter Account for Novi Middle School Counseling Department- @NoviMScounselor
- BREAKFAST – Just a reminder that breakfast is served in our cafeteria every day from 7:20am to 7:40am. Many delicious options to choose from. Please stop by!
- PAPER TOWEL AND KLEENEX DONATIONS – Starting Wednesday, January 9th and running through Friday, January 18th Novi Middle School will be joining other schools in the district in an effort to support the resource needs of the Novi Community Food Bank. Please bring all unopened donations to the Main Office or Student can deliver to his/her A20 class, The A20 with the most donations will win a pizza party. Please consider donating! Thank you!
- SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL SURVEY - The Novi Community School District is working to collect information about practices surrounding student travel to school. Please consider completing the following brief survey related to student travel to Novi Middle School. With enough parental response we may become eligible for grant funding that could benefit our school district and our walking infrastructure. Thank you for your time! All responses must be submitted by October 15th.
- PHOTO OPT-OUT FORM - Our students engage in many learning activities and opportunities throughout the school year. We capture this excitement and enthusiasm for learning through photos and videos that are shared on social media, the district website, and occasionally through press releases.
If, however, you would prefer not to have your child featured, please contact Novi Middle School at Roberta.email@example.com and we will be happy to give you an Opt-Out form. Please be aware that in filling out this form, your child will not be included in any photos, videos, articles, or student directories.
- 2019 WASHINGTON TRIP - This is the FINAL WEEK for 7th graders to guarantee a spot on the 2019 8th grade Washington DC Trip. The deadline to do so is Friday, January 18. All payments and registration are handled by Worldstrides. For more information regarding the trip, please go to: http://www.novi.k12.mi.us/downloads/ms_docs/fall_19_parent_info.pdf
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY – No School
- GAME CLUB – The next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 22nd at 2:30 pm in room # 301.
- ART CLUB GREEN – The next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 22nd at 2:30pm in room #314
- CLASS OF 2023 PARENT MEETING – Will be on Wednesday, January 23rd at 6:00 PM in the High School Auditorium. Please plan on attending.
- END OF 1ST SEMESTER – Early Dismissal (11am)
- RECORDS DAY – No School
- ART CLUB WHITE – The next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 29th at 2:30pm in room #314.
- CODING CLUB – The next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 29th at 2:30pm in room #126.
- CLASS OF 2023 PARENT/STUDENT NIGHT - Please join the high school administration and counseling team on Wednesday, January 30TH at 6pm in the High School Auditorium, for an informational meeting about high school scheduling, graduation requirements, awarding credit & GPA, academic and extra-curricular opportunities, and so much more!
- This event is for both parents AND students! Please plan to attend! Class of 2023 Parent-Student Night Novi High School Please consider attending an optional AP/IB meeting at 5pm in the auditorium. The presentation will last 30 minutes. Following the presentation, a student led AP/ IB Q & A session will take place in the auditorium lobby. This provides an opportunity for students and parents to talk with members of these programs.
- PAW PRINT NEWSPAPER - The next Paw Print Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 30, in Mr. Fenchel's room. Newcomers are welcome.
- SPRING FLING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT VO - The Volunteer Committee for the Village Oaks Annual Spring Fling is in need of Volunteers. The annual Spring Fling is scheduled for Friday, April 26, 2019, and are in need of several volunteers during the time frame of 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. This year 7th and 8th graders are eligible! If you are interested, please sign up in the Main Office. Thank you for considering.
- DANCE CLUB - Dance club will always be on Monday’s. We will practice for about three weeks in a row then have a week or so off. We will go from 2:45-4:00 every class. Dancers can take the late bus home or get picked up. We are still accepting all interested students!
January Classes: 1/28
February Classes: 2/4, 2/11, 2/25
March Classes: 3/4, 3/18, 3/25
April Classes: 4/15, 4/22, 4/29
May Classes: 5/6, 5/13
For further information on Dance please contact Nicole Ross - EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE NUMBER: (248) 449-1212 ext. 9815