NOVI MIDDLE SCHOOL
Today is Wednesday: November 14, 2018
Twitter-Twitter Account for Novi Middle School Counseling Department- @NoviMScounselor
- YORK PROJECT -We have partnered with a group from Detroit called the York Project. They provide daily essential items to the homeless.
- They give away bags with socks, toilet paper, gloves and water bottles.We are asking students to donate: socks, gloves and toilet paper. All new items only; toilet paper must be in an unopened package.
- Items will be collected during lunch hours. Everyone that donates will be given a raffle ticket to enter into our "give away" of a York baseball cap or a York beanie. Please encourage your A-20 classes to donate.
- raffle ticket criteria- 1 ticket for any of the following:
- pair of gloves
- pair of socks
- 4 roll package of toilet paper ( 1 raffle ticket for every 4 rolls)
- Thanks, Maggie Sheeran
- GSA – GSA meetings are held every other Monday immediately after school in room #422. The next scheduled meeting is on Monday, November 26th.
- HOLIDAY ASSISTANCE - If your family is in need of holiday assistance, Novi Youth Assistance has an "Adopt a Family" program. It is "first-come-first served" and based on eligibility guidelines set forth by Novi Youth Assistance. Program closes November 1, 2018 - or when the family limit is reached. If interested, please turn in completed forms directly to:
Novi Youth Assistance office, located in Novi Civic Center.45175 W. Ten Mile * Novi * Office 248-347-0410 * Fax 248-347-0552
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES TONIGHT – Once Again, Just a reminder to sign up for the upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences on November 14th & 15th, from 5-7:30pm. The MyConferenceTime is now open for you to schedule your appointments. Thank you! www.myconferencetime.com/novims.
- BREAKFAST – Just a reminder that breakfast is served in our cafeteria every day from 7:20am to 7:40am. Many delicious options to choose from. Please stop by!
- NOVI MIDDLE SCHOOL THEATRE COMPANY
- Tech Tryouts – Tryout have been changed and now will be held on Monday, November 19th
- DATE - Show date will be Friday, December 14, 2018
- SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL SURVEY - The Novi Community School District is working to collect information about practices surrounding student travel to school. Please consider completing the following brief survey related to student travel to Novi Middle School. With enough parental response we may become eligible for grant funding that could benefit our school district and our walking infrastructure. Thank you for your time! All responses must be submitted by October 15th.
- Novi Middle School - http://www.saferoutesdata.org/surveyformparent.cfm?key=2890995
- YEARBOOKS - Don't miss out on the memories! Purchase your 2018-2019 yearbook at https://yearbookforever.com/ for $35. If you had already paid at registration, no action is required. Thank you!
- PHOTO OPT-OUT FORM - Our students engage in many learning activities and opportunities throughout the school year. We capture this excitement and enthusiasm for learning through photos and videos that are shared on social media, the district website, and occasionally through press releases.
- If, however, you would prefer not to have your child featured, please contact Novi Middle School at Roberta.email@example.com and we will be happy to give you an Opt-Out form. Please be aware that in filling out this form, your child will not be included in any photos, videos, articles, or student directories.
- DANCE CLUB - Dance club will always be on Monday’s. We will practice for about three weeks in a row then have a week or so off. We will go from 2:45-4:00 every class. Dancers can take the late bus home or get picked up. We are still accepting all interested students!
November Classes: 11/5, 11/12, 11/26
December Classes: 12/10, 12/17
January Classes: 1/14, 1/28
February Classes: 2/4, 2/11, 2/25
March Classes: 3/4, 3/18, 3/25
April Classes: 4/15, 4/22, 4/29
May Classes: 5/6, 5/13
For further information on Dance please contact Nicole Ross - EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org PHONE NUMBER: (248) 449-1212 ext. 9815