A username and password is need for American History Online, Issues and Controversies and Opposing Viewpoints (see Mrs. Wesner or your teacher). Britannica School, Explora, History Reference, Read It and Science Reference Center should be accessed through the MeL link. Once there search for eResource by name.
- This database spans more than 500 years of political, military, social and cultural history to cover the American experience. See Mrs. Wesner for Login ID and Password for home.
- Unlimited access to Britannica School through MeL.
- Easybib helps students format work cited pages for MLA, APA and Chicago styles.
- Magazines and reference books for middle school students. Includes thousands of biographies and primary source documents. Subjects include history, current events, science, sports, and biographies. Also includes photos, maps, and flags.
eBook Collection (all free)
- This collection offers full text titles with unlimited access designed specifically to support a quality learning experience for students.
- Documents, photos, maps, film, and video from leading history journals. Also includes biographies of historical figures.
- A free and respected reference for Internet user that provides a comprehensive encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, dictionary and more.
- Information on today’s most important controversial issues. See Mrs. Wesner for Login ID and Password for home.
- Michigan eLibrary- links to several databases on various topics. Access if free for Michigan residents.
- Opposing Viewpoints features information and opinions on hundreds of today’s hottest social issues. It is continuously updated with pro/con viewpoint essays, topic overviews, primary sources and more.
- A school recognized website that provides information on diverse controversial topics with facs and quotation from thousands of experts.
- A great site for ELL students. Helps to build reading skills and improve study habits. Includes tests.
- Contains material from science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other sources. More than 4,000 full text, full-length biographies. Includes: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, the environment, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, and wildlife.
- Science World brings science current events and other scientific discoveries to your classroom.
- Scope Magazine contains stories across genres, allows for differentiation for three different lexile levels and has other features, including nonfiction, paired texts and grammar, to support readers of all levels.
- Upfront is a great news magazine for middle school students. It keeps up to date with current events, while connecting issues to your curriculum.
- Students can use Discovery Education for free videos. See Mrs. Wesner for Login ID and Password.
- IXL is a comprehensive math practice site. See your math teacher for class code.
- This site contains safe images that are available for educational purposes and include citations.