Hybrid in-person expectations
All students grades K-12 will be required to wear masks.
- Students who ride the bus will be required to wear masks while on the bus.
- Students will be required to wear masks at all times during the school day.
- The only exceptions will be during lunch or snack time.
- If students are outside and not near other students or staff they may also remove their masks for short periods of time.
- Students can use their own mask or a disposable masks will be provided at school.
- If students refuse to wear masks a parent will be contacted and reminded that masks are mandatory.
- If a parent or student chooses to not comply with the masks mandate the student will be enrolled in the virtual option.
- Shields are not adequate by themselves.
- Neck gaiter masks of any kind are not acceptable.
- Masks with vents are not acceptable.
- Every morning before school parents will complete a health screening for their children.
- The health screening will include a temperature check.
- The health screener must be completed each day the student attends in-person instruction
- If students or staff exhibit any symptoms they are to remain home. They have three options for returning to school: get a doctor's note, a COVID-19 test showing a negative result or remain out for 10 calendar days. If there is a medical history, please make sure that the building principal is aware. (i.e. allergies, asthma).
The district is committed to ensuring that each classroom and public space follows social distancing guidelines.
- Desks will be six feet apart
- Classrooms will maintain six feet of distance between students
- Lunchrooms will ensure that students maintain social distance
- Outdoor activities will encourage students to maintain social distance
- Each classroom is supplied with disinfectant wipes
- Students and teachers will use the disinfectant wipes to clean hard surfaces like desktops, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Classrooms and common spaces have been supplied with hand sanitizer
- Students and staff are expected to use the hand sanitizer frequently
COVID symptoms at school
- When a student exhibits COVID symptoms at school, the student will be isolated and parents will be called.
- Parents must understand that they must promptly pick up a student who is experiencing COVID symptoms