The Novi Community School District has adopted Universal Accommodations.
These accommodations are listed below.
- (K-4) Students will be provided a visual schedule of their day
- Students will have access to flexible seating options within the classroom
- Students will have access to a flexible work location for independent work within the classroom
- School-wide: Behavior expectations are articulated, taught, and posted in the school building and in the student handbook.
- Classroom: Behavior expectations are articulated, taught and posted in the classroom and syllabus/etc.
- Students will be provided verbal and non-verbal redirection prompts for off-task behavior
- Students may utilize sensory tools within the classroom (as long as the use is appropriate)
- Students will have access to Assistive Technology (i.e., Co-writer, Snap and Read)
- Students will have access to a support that will help them prepare for an assessment (i.e., study guides, class notes, rubric with success criteria) Students will have access to copies of class notes (if notes are being taken in class), after first attempting to take notes in class
- Students may take pictures of planner, notes or assignments
- Students will have access to graphic organizers for writing assignments (except for writing assessments that do not allow for the use of graphic organizers)