NOVI MIDDLE SCHOOL
Today is Friday: March 22nd, 2019
Twitter-Twitter Account for Novi Middle School Counseling Department- @NoviMScounselor
- GIRLS LACROSSE ROSTER IS FULL – Attention: The Girls Lacrosse Team is full for the season and cannot accept any new registrations. Thank you very much!
- MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION UPDATE - Thank you for all your support of the Make A Wish project last week!!
We exceeded our goal by $1500+!!!!
We raised $4,567!!!!!
A special shout out to Mrs. Jensen for shaving her head!
Our contribution will be added to money raised at the HS and Early Childhood Center. I will pass on the final total when we know what it is.
WINNERS for the ice cream treat....
7th grade- Chapman ,Kohls8th grade - McCurdy, Southworth
- BREAKFAST – Just a reminder that breakfast is served in our cafeteria every day from 7:20am to 7:40am. Many delicious options to choose from. Please stop by!
- PHOTO OPT-OUT FORM - Our students engage in many learning activities and opportunities throughout the school year. We capture this excitement and enthusiasm for learning through photos and videos that are shared on social media, the district website, and occasionally through press releases.
If, however, you would prefer not to have your child featured, please contact Novi Middle School at Roberta.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you an Opt-Out form. Please be aware that in filling out this form, your child will not be included in any photos, videos, articles, or student directories.
- PAW PRINT - Here is the latest edition of The Paw Print...https://www.novi.k12.mi.us/downloads/ms_docs/volume_19_issue_6.pdf
- GIRLS SOCCER TRYOUTS - Tryouts for the Novi Middle School Girls' Soccer Team will begin on Wednesday, March 20. They will continue on Thursday, 3/21, Monday, 3/25, and, if needed, Wednesday, 3/27. In order to tryout, players must:
- Register n the athletics page of the district website BEFORE 3/20.
- Turn in a physical t Mr. Fenchel BEFORE 3/20 (r have played a middle school sport earlier in the school year).
- Bring clthes fr the weather, as well as running shoes, shin guards, a water bottle, and, if possible, cleats. Do NOT bring a ball.
- Players n the team may NOT compete for any other soccer team during the middle school season. This includes club, showcase, park and rec, etc.
- If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Fenchel at email@example.com.
- NOVI POM CONDITIONING - Interested in joining the Novi Middle School or High School Pompon season for the 2019-2020 season? Learn what Pom is all about by coming to the Novi Pompon Conditioning Sessions! Join us for the next two Wednesdays including this Wednesday, March 20th and next week, March 27th. Couldn’t come last week? Still feel free to come for the next 2 practices at Novi High School The Novi High School Dance Room from 4-6pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
- MIDDLE SCHOOL MUSICAL - The school musical “Mulan” will be on Friday, March 22, 2019 at 7:30pm.
- SOFTBALL TRYOUTS - Tryouts: March 25-27 after school - Bring a softball mitt and water - Optional: cleats and softball bat (bats cannot be brought on the bus) You must register on the Novi Athletics website and have a current physical on file with the main office OR turn one into coaching staff on the first day
- Practices start March 25th
- Practices are Mnday- Thursday 2:45-4:15
- Meets are n Wednesdays
- Practices to start April 8th *You may not play for any other softball team during the middle school season.
Please contact Mrs. McKibbin with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org Room 408
- MS TRACK
- Practices start March 25th
- Practices are Mnday- Thursday 2:45-4:15
- Meets are n Wednesdays
- BOY’S LACROSSE TRYOUTS - Tryouts for the Novi Middle School Boys’ Lacrosse Team are expected to begin (weather permitting) on Monday March 25th. They will continue on Tuesday, March 26th. and if needed Wednesday March 27th. In order to tryout, players must:
- Register- Register on the athletics page of the district website before 3/20.
Physical- Turn in a physical at tryouts on 3/25 (or have played a middle school sport earlier in the year.)
Equipment- Bring full equipment (stick, helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, mouth guard, protective cup, and gloves.) along with indoor athletic shoes and cleats. Bring clothes for playing OUTSIDE and for INSIDE.
Please watch for further announcements regarding start timing. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Johnson at email@example.com.
GAME CLUB - Game Club will meet on Monday March 4th and Monday March 25th in room 301.
- NOVI DANCE COMPANY AUDITIONS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR – This is an information Meeting on Tuesday March 26th 2019: 6:30pm-7:15pm Information Meeting for Parents/Students interested in auditioning to learn more about the company.
- AUDITION DATES: Thursday April 11th 2019: 3:15pm- 5:15pm Contemporary Combination Leaps & Turns Combination Friday April 12th 2019: 3:15pm- 5:15pm Audition both combinations for panel of judges
- NOTE: You must stay the entire time in case the judges would like to see specific students/groups perform again!
- WHERE: NHS Dance Room, 152
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Male and female students that will be in 9th –12th grades for the 2019-2020 school year. Experienced dancers who are interested in advancing their training. Students who are passionate about dance. Students who value hard work and teamwork.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Advanced Dance Company: Dance 4 Class (Semester 1&2) plus one day a week after school commitment and additional events/competitions. Intermediate Dance Company: Dance 3 Class (Semester 1&2) plus additional events/competitions. There is a financial commitment to NDC. Estimated costs will be discussed at the first day of auditions. Dance Company focuses on advanced contemporary/modern; ballet and jazz dance styles. The selection of dancers is based on skill, knowledge, presence, and etiquette in dance. Students should wear form-fitting (dance) clothes for the audition. No shoes for contemporary, dance shoes may be used for leaps & turns combination.
- MATH CLUB - Math Club will have their final meeting on Wednesday March 27th for both 7th and 8th graders in room 301.
- VARIETY SHOW MC AUDITIONS - Variety Show MC Auditions will take place after school in the auditorium on March 27th. Only 8th graders may audition to be an MC. Students must sign up for an audition slot and get a pink audition form in the main office. Audition slots are first come, first served as there are limited audition slots available. Students may take the late bus home or be picked up; any student not picked up by 4:15 MUST take the late bus home. Any questions, e-mail Mrs. Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- VARIETY SHOW - -Variety Show Talent Auditions will take place after school in the auditorium on March 25th, 26th and, if needed, March 28th. Students must sign up for an audition slot and get a blue audition form in the main office. Audition slots are first come, first served as there are limited audition slots available. Students may take the late bus home or be picked up; any student not picked up by 4:15 MUST take the late bus home. Any questions, e-mail Mrs. Henderson at email@example.com.
- NMS GOLF CLUB - Novi Middle School Golf Club will be starting after spring break. Students participating in golf club will learn correct fundamentals, game techniques and course strategy that will serve as a solid foundation for golf. The focus is making sure each student is exposed to golf in a way that makes it fun and enjoyable, while learning the necessary skills to be successful.
- If you are interested, please attend our golf club meeting on Tuesday, March 12th at 7:35a.m. in the media center. This meeting is for students only.
If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Wesner in the media center.
- ATTENTION TRACK PARENTS - We are excited for another season that is quickly approaching! We wanted you to have these documents prior to the first practice so you have plenty of time to review our expectations and goals for the season. There is paperwork that needs to be filled out and brought to us by April 11th.
Please fill out this google form. It will ask for your email so we can easily communicate with you throughout the season with important updates etc: https://goo.gl/forms/KRcDyoNUqydh2JQ73
You must have registered and paid by the first practice! Instructions on how to do that online are also attached in this email. If your athlete has not registered or has not paid for prior seasons this year, they will not be allowed to practice until everything is paid in full.
Physicals are due at the first practice. Athletes will not be allowed to participate in activities until we have the physical.
A calendar of our full schedule is attached. We are working on getting a team photo date. Stay tuned!
Spirit wear is available to order now! Ordering will close 3/29. https://nmstrack2019.itemorder.com/sale
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPRING FLING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED AT VO - The Volunteer Committee for the Village Oaks Annual Spring Fling is in need of Volunteers. The annual Spring Fling is scheduled for Friday, April 26, 2019, and are in need of several volunteers during the time frame of 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm. This year 7th and 8th graders are eligible! If you are interested, please sign up in the Main Office. Thank you for considering.
- DANCE CLUB - Dance club will always be on Monday’s. We will practice for about three weeks in a row then have a week or so off. We will go from 2:45-4:00 every class. Dancers can take the late bus home or get picked up. We are still accepting all interested students!
March Classes:3/18, 3/25
April Classes: 4/15, 4/22, 4/29
May Classes: 5/6, 5/13
For further information on Dance please contact Nicole Ross - EMAIL: email@example.com PHONE NUMBER: (248) 449-1212 ext. 9815