NOVI MIDDLE SCHOOL
Today is Thursday: June 13th, 2019
Twitter-Twitter Account for Novi Middle School Counseling Department- @NoviMScounselor
- YEARBOOKS - A limited number of yearbooks will be available for purchase in the main office now. The yearbooks will cost $40, payable by cash or check.
- NOVI BOYS TENNIS TRYOUT INFO – Packets are available in the Main Office. Please stop by and pick one up if you are interested.
- SUMMER TENNIS WORKOUT SCHEDULE – All 9th-12th grade HS Boys or Girls interested in playing tennis for the 2019-2020 school year are welcome to join the summer tennis workouts at the Novi High School tennis courts from 6:00pm-9:00pm weather permitting. Stop by the Main Offiice to pick up the flyer to see the tennis workout dates.
- NOVI YOUTH POLICE AND FIRE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY - Hello Students! If you're looking for something fun and totally different to do in the middle of your summer break, come and join myself and Detective Warren for the Novi Police and Fire Youth Leadership Academy. This program is FREE for any students 13-16 years old. It meets July 15 to 19 (10AM to 4PM) each day. You'll learn all sorts of stuff about police and fire careers, operations, weapons, tactics, and a whole bunch of rescue equipment. This year's program is totally different than prior years, and is a lot more engaging, interactive, and hands-on. (Don't worry - It's nothing intimidating)
If you'd like more information or to apply go to www.cityofnovi.org/youthacademy
But hurry! Registration ends NEXT MONDAY (June 17th). And if you come and see me, before school lets out (attendance office) I will waive the letter of recommendation and essay required to apply.
Let me know if you have any questions. Detective Zabick
- NOVI HIGH SCHOOL BOYS SOCCER TRYOUT INFO - Information regarding Novi High School Boys Soccer tryouts and summer training is now available in the Novi Middle School main office.
- MEDICATION PICKUP - If your child has medication in the middle school attendance office, please stop in by Wednesday, June 19, 2019 to pick it up. We do NOT send medication home with students. Any medication or equipment not picked up by this date will be discarded. Please contact Cathy Loeffler-Park at 248-449-1605 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Attention Parents/Guardians: The Novi Community School District reminds all parent to review the school health procedures prior to the 2019-20 school year. If your child requires medication, prescription or non-prescription, or a medical health plan during school hours, please visit the NCSD website at http://www.novi.k12.mi.us/parentscommunity/health/ and follow the steps as outlined.
This procedure should be done prior to the start of each new school year or any time a medical concern occurs that requires medication and/or a medical health plan. The forms are also available in the main office of your child’s school for your convenience. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school or the District Licensed Nurse, Cathy Farris at 248-449-1616 or email@example.com. It is also important to remember that students must have the required immunizations, a non-medical waiver or a medical contraindication form completed prior to the first day of school. Students with incomplete immunization records will not be permitted to start school. Thank you in advance for your support.
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION - Big changes are coming to the Box Tops for Education program. Starting in June, Box Tops are going digital! You can still turn in any Box Tops that you find on packages, but over the next year you will find fewer of them as more products transition to digital Box Tops. Instead, parents are encouraged to download the new Box Tops for Education app when it becomes available this summer and start scanning grocery receipts when they purchase the specially marked packages. You will have 14 days from the date of purchase to scan the receipt. And 8th graders, remember to turn in any Box Tops you still have at home. High schools do not participate in the Box Tops program.
- SAFETY CONCERNS - There has been an increasing concern with speeding on Wixom Rd, and not coming to complete stops, at stop signs on Glenwood/Crestwood and Novi Middle School property. Please be mindful of your speed and coming to complete stops at stop signs to ensure the safety of students, staff, and parents. Your safety and your students safety is of the utmost importance to us.
- TEXTBOOK RETURN - June 12 – 14
- NOVI WILDCAT VOLLEYBALLCAMP - Get expert guidance on serving, attacking, and defense from three-time state champions, the Novi Varsity Volleyball Team, and their national-level head coach, Kacy Moran! Courts will be divided by age level and skill to provide appropriate coaching. Everyone gets at t-shirt and prizes! Please register for the grade your child is entering in the fall.
WHEN: JULY 8th-10th 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
WHO: STUDENTS ENTERING GRADES 5-10
WHERE: NOVI HIGH SCHOOL - BOTH GYMS
- Support the future of the Novi Volleyball program and sign-up today! Go to www.noviathletics.com and go to More>Camps/Clinics>2018-2019 Summer Camp.