An Online Resource For Parents
Novi Community Schools has created a goal to provide secured online information access for parents. To achieve this goal the district has implemented Zangle ParentConnection. Zangle's ParentConnection is a web application that provides parents with direct access to student data via the Internet. Using a confidential PIN (personal identification number) and password, parents can connect to the school district's student data base using a web browser to view their child's data, such as attendance reports, progress reports, report cards, assignments and more.
Viewing assignments in ParentConnection is intended to serve as a support for parents, but is not meant to replace communication with teachers via conferences, telephone, and/or email. It is still important to maintain contact with your child's teacher and discuss the progress he/she is making throughout the school year
- At times, participating teachers may temporarily close their Grade book access to parents while they are in the process of posting data. This will help ensure that the information posted is complete and accurate.
- The amount of time needed to grade and post assignments will be affected by the length and complexity of each assignment.
- Graded student work/assignments will be posted in the teacher's Zangle Grade book for parent access within five (5) days after the student work/assignments or grade is returned to the student.
Parents using ParentConnection
- Students should manage and be personally responsible for submitting and completing classroom assignments. Parents should use the Assignments Module as a tool to support their child's efforts.
- Consult with your child if you have questions about a particular grade or assignment before contacting the teacher. Parents should also be aware that late or missing assignments can not always be made up for credit.
- Many assignments may require several days or longer to grade and will not be available for immediate posting.
Thank you for using Zangle's ParentConnection.